Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cravings Ravings//Nutella n' Kitkat Brownies!

These brownies are dunked in glorious Kitkat.
They have a whole lotta rich Nutella whipped in.
They have cereal krispies that give them a superior crunch.
Are you salivating yet?
Have you noticed that I'm into a lot of foodie posts lately and hardly used to do any before? I think these past few months, the chef syndrome has caught on after being on a va-cay with my cousin sisters who are gorgeous cooks!

Anyhow, this recipe was adapted and modified from "Culinary Concoctions by Peabody" and cheers to her for pushing a no-baker like me enough to give this a shot. While she and I did the base the same, I did the topping differently. Mine lies more in the range of a melty-chocolatey ganache frosting combo. And not to forget, I like my brownies warm and fudgey when I bite in 'em! :)

You'll need:
  • 1 box brownie mix (I use an 8x8 inch Pyrex dish)
  • 5-6 large Kitkat bars
  • Cocoa Powder Unsweetened/regular (according to taste)
  • 1/8 cup of water
  • 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 cup cereal Krispies
  • 1/2 cup crushed chocolate biscuits
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. salt (optional)
How-to:
1.Grease the baking dish and prepare the brownie batter according to directions. Dunk the kitkat bars inside the brownie batter. You might wanna break a few bars into half to distribute evenly. I found I had to do this a bit at the edges/sides.

2.Bake your brownies according to package instructions!

3. While the unreasonably decadent aroma of the brownies baking caresses you senses, get set on making your hybrid ganache!

4.Start by melting the butter in a pan and add the Nutella, gently mixing it in. Next add the Vanilla, Krispies and chocolate biscuits. Depending on the sweetness of your chocolate biscuits, you may want to adjust the amount of cocoa powder, If they are sweet, use more of unsweetened Cocoa powder, and less of the normal kind.

5. I think I added about 4 tbsp. Cocoa powder (regular) and 1 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa powder.
Add in the water and remove your pan from the stove. Make the mixture into a lovely thick, creamy consistency. Set this mixture aside.

6. When your brownies are ready, spread a decent layer evenly over the whole surface of the oven-hot brownies and keep in the fridge to chill for about 20-30 minutes.

7.You'll find that the topping has settled a bit onto the top and niches of the brownies Cut up your brownies into small serving squares, style your table for a tea-party and have a whopping time in some beautiful warm sunshine by your favorite window!

The result? Dazzling taste of Kitkat and Nutella melded together, crunch from the Krispies and biscuits toning down the sweetness a notch and of course the irresistible brownies themselves!

Yep, somebody needs to pull me away from the screen while i upload these images so that I don't go reminiscing those luxurious memories for the 903138294th time.
If you want a less fluid consistency of the ganache, all you need to do is to chill these babies longer in the fridge. 
I'm pretty sure you'll go as nutty for this recipe as I am right now. If you do intend to try it or have your loved one bake it for you, don't forget to tweet/share/pin this! I want the whole world to know there's something so easy and so utterly fantastic that can be make quick n' easy combing all these "oooohhh" flavors!
Don't forget to check out my other ravishing recipes like Creamy Chicken Pasta, Orange Chicken and Korean Fried Chicken here!
..........................................................
You can subscribe to Craft A Doodle Doo and be updated on more of my flavortastic food favs; otherwise feel free to join me on Pinterest and Facebook, sweets!
..........................................................
HAVE A WONDERFULICIOUS WEEK AHEAD!
HUGS, LOVE N' HI5s, NASH



No comments:

Post a Comment


FRESH IRRESISTABLE IDEAS...

RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.